Friday 19 October 2012

My tattoo story

I never used to like tattoos, but now I see them more as scars, that have a story to tell that will last forever. The most important thing for me when getting a tattoo was making sure it is personal. Yes you will most definitely have seen someone with an anchor tattooed on them, but for them it may have a completely different meaning.

The camera was my first tattoo in July 2011. People who know me know that photography is my passion. Sometimes I feel uninspired, but seeing this as I get dressed in the morning reminds me that it won't last. Lately my head is full of that many ideas I always have my phone at hand to make notes.

My anchor I got on the 100th anniversary of the sinking of Titanic. This is just a really cool coincidence. I saw an anchor on the finger of one of the models in our spring ad campaign at H&M, and fell in love with it. I always tell my Mum I got it because Grandad was in the Navy, but she says if I ever tell him that's why he'll go mad.

Wanderlust is my most questioned tattoo. 'What does that mean?' would make me very rich if I had a £1 for every time I'd been asked. I got this on Melrose Avenue in LA. My trip there definitely changed my view on a lot of things, it made me a lot more ambitious and gave me a greater need to see as much of the world as I can. This one is my promise to myself.
Follow me on Twitter - Follow me on Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. “Wanderlust”--- A great desire to travel and rove around. Nice! This one conveys a simple insight with a wonderful message. My younger sister also had this tattooed on her left wrist, while on her right “the road less traveled”. :)

    ReplyDelete