Monday 5 January 2015

A letter to my fourteen year old self

Dear me,
Let's start by saying Happy Birthday! In all honesty I can't even remember my fourteenth birthday, but I'm sure whatever you did it was great. You're 22 today and still scared shitless about your future because you still don't know what you want to do, but you'll get there in the end. In a few years you'll fall in love with New York City and never quite shake that off. But why should you? I've become the dreamer in the Pritchard family, and i'll be damned if we don't chase those dreams! 

Promise to always be yourself, even if it means you are a bit of a loner. You don't need a Jane Norman carrier bag for your PE kit or Topshop 'school trousers' just to fit in with everyone else. I know you like your own company and you'll still be that way at 22, but that's totally okay. You've got your family and you're happy so that's all that matters. People will always have their opinions of you no matter who you are and what you do.

The difference between me and you is confidence. You're quiet and find certain groups in school intimidating, but you'll come into your own eventually. Just don't forget to use your fists if you need to - people still won't believe you ended up in a fight in the PE changing rooms. Nowadays though, you'll happily take to the dance floor on our own even if you look like a fool.

Oh and one last thing, never settle for being second best when you know you deserve to be first. Life is far too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lindsey! :) Lovely letter and I definitely relate to most of the things you said, but I guess it's all part of the process of turning into an adult and discover who you truly are and what you want to do with your life. Anyway, enough of philosophy, I hope you have a wonderful day haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I love reading these types of posts because we get to learn more about you! (: I love reading your blog and I hope you have an amazing day!

    Lots of Love,
    Manpreet || Simply-M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Lindsey! These are some wise words to yourself, if only we had the chance to advise our younger selves like this x http://www.justsavxnnah.com

    ReplyDelete