Wednesday 1 June 2016

20 weeks pregnant with Baby Pritchard

How far along?
20 weeks+6 days
 
Total weight gain?
10st 4lbs. Kyle struggles to pick me up these days.

Maternity clothes?
The maternity shorts I bought a few weeks ago were my absolute go to this weekend. They are so comfy! But these Divided basic shorts are only £7.99 and they are so stretchy. I might pick up a few other colours just to throw on around the house. 

Stretch marks?
Still just on my boobies.

Sleep?
Still looking good thank god. One thing I have noticed is that I quite often wake up with pins and needles in my hands.

Best moment this week?
Our weekend at the caravan was so lovely. The weather was absolutely beautiful, so we both ended up coming back a lot redder than we went. Unexpectedly getting to hear baby's heartbeat on Monday was also a highlight. We weren't expecting to hear it until our 24 week appointment.

Miss anything?
Still nothing springs to mind.

Movement?
I'm definitely starting to feel something but I wouldn't describe it as fluttery, more like bubbly feelings, but I won't lie, it's hard to know what's baby and what's me just needing to fart. The Doctor had a good poke at my belly on Monday and I swear baby spent the rest of the day getting revenge. Every so often I would get a little thump feeling.
 
Food cravings?
I had an ice cream on Saturday. Anybody who knows me knows what a big deal that is since I've disliked ice cream for years. I don't know what came over me, Kyle and his chums were going in for milkshake and for some reason I just fancied trying one. 

Anything make you queasy or sick?
Nope it's been a good week this week. We've had no cat sick or cat poop to contend with. 

Gender?
I've heard another old wives tale this week... if you lie on your left side when you sleep then it's a boy, if you lie on your right it's a girl. I've not heard this one before, but if we're going by this then babies a blue one.

Labour signs?
No.

Symptoms?
I had a bit of bleeding on Sunday afternoon which panicked me a bit so first thing Monday morning I called the maternity unit. Turns out if you're rhesus negative you have to have an anti-D injection if you ever bleed (from your vagina obviously, not just a cut on your finger). We popped down to the hospital and they checked my pee which was showing small signs off a urine infection which then meant I'd have to be examined because it can lead to the cervix opening which we certainly do not want at this stage. We spent the rest of the bank holiday curled up on the sofa watching films and snoozing and I think all the poking from the Doctor has woken baby up. 

Belly button in or out?
In!

Mood? 
I'm feeling relieved that even though it was just a little blood I still went to get it checked. I felt a bit like I was overreacting when I phoned up because it wasn't a lot of blood and I felt fine in myself but the Doctor said we'd done the right thing to go in and anymore bleeding at any point I have to go in for another anti-D.

Looking forward to?
Afternoon tea on Friday with Mum and my two sisters.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment