Wednesday 22 June 2016

23 weeks pregnant with Baby Pritchard


How far along?
23 weeks + 6 days.

Total weight gain?
Still 10st 6lb. I thought I'd have started putting weight on a little more rapidly by now. 

Maternity clothes?
I forget about the grey pair of jeans I bought from ASOS back when I was about 12 weeks pregnant. They finally fit me, but I'm having such a hard time with trousers, I hate when they're baggy on the legs, but obviously going up sizes because of my baby lump means the legs are baggy on my H&M pair and my ASOS pair. Wearing Topshop jeans for the last 4 years has turned me into such a denim snob.

Stretch marks?
Just my boobs still.

Sleep?
Sleep is fine, although me and Kyle have got a terrible habit of falling asleep on the sofa. Saturday night, or should I say Sunday morning, we woke up at 4.40am on the sofa - it was going light outside! We went to bed for a few hours, but I couldn't get to sleep for ages, some days I'm up at 5 for work so I guess it threw me off a bit.
I had this really scary dream as well about the film The Grudge. I've not seen that film since I was about 13 and I've not exactly been thinking about it, but it was so horrible, I lay awake for ages scared stiff someone creepy was gonna pop through the door. 

Best moment this week?
Catching up with my friend Liss. She's been living in Plymouth since she went to university there, but at the moment she's home in Telford. Our travel system arrived today which was so exciting.

Miss anything?
My Jamie jeans. God how I miss them. Maybe I'll just live in dresses until I give birth.

Movement?
There's been lots of baby hiccups this week. I was cuddling up to Kyle in bed and he could feel them on his back. My little sister Em felt baby kick too. I get so emotional when someone new feels it, the excitement is just a little too much for me, I have to play it cool and stop myself from crying.
 
Food cravings?
No cravings but ice cream is the newest part of my diet. I even bought strawberry syrup when I went food shopping. What have I become?!

Anything make you queasy or sick?
No sicky feelings this week thank god!

Gender?
Liss's Mum Pammy G did a quick once over and said that because I'm all bump and you can't tell I'm pregnant from behind that it's a girl.

Labour signs?
No.

Symptoms?
No new ones since last week, still weeing for England. I remember my friend Danielle saying when she was pregnant that the constant need to wee is annoying but it's still satisfying because they're always really long wees. She was right, it's nothing like when you have a water infection. 

It's not really a symptom, just a pain in the bum, but last Friday I had a letter through to say I'm a carrier of Strep B and that they'd recommend me having baby in the consultant unit in Telford. I had originally said I'd like to have baby there but only because it's all so shiny and new. Kyle had kept saying he wanted baby born in Shrewsbury which originally I was thinking oh no that's like 25 minutes down the road but before the main maternity unit was in Telford, anyone from Telford travelled to Shrewsbury anyway so I did end up coming round to the idea. 

Belly button in or out?
Just about in.

Mood?
Kyle says I've been grumpy this week, sorry Kyle. I've just had such bad back pain this week, I couldn't even roll over the other night in bed, but when I'm not feeling top notch I just go really quiet.

Looking forward to?
A weekend by the seaside. Kyle's working Saturday and Sunday so I'm going armed with Sex and the City boxsets and a load of photos to edit to keep me busy.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. congrats! you still look great!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete