Sunday 13 October 2013

Week #41

The new Birmingham library | Escalator chic | Damage done | Miley on repeat | Boyfriends birthday | Never a lonely bathtime | Birthday celebrations | A Primark tartan gem | Princess doughnuts | Burrito | Birthday cake for breakfast | Teeny tiny Lily | Ed's Shakes | Ed's Diner | New cosy throws | Payday beauty treats

This week has been one of those rare crazy ones for me and Dan. It was his 21st on Tuesday which meant a family meal on Tuesday and Wednesday and a meal followed by cocktails with one of Dan's pals from work on Friday night. 

He was given enough Topman vouchers to kit out our whole street so we went to Birmingham on Saturday to spend them. I had already been on Monday to visit the photography exhibition at the new library and spent a fair amount then, so by Saturday I was standing strong against spending. I did buy a pair of super cosy tights and green paisley trousers from Primark but the trousers are heading back tomorrow. I also treated him to a burger and shake from Ed's Diner, we like to eat somewhere different every time we go to Birmingham or London and we were torn between Ed's and Handmade Burger Co.

A birthday always means an overload of cakes in the house since we had chocolate fudge made by Dan's boss, a dozen Krispy Kreme's and a chocolate cake. This has resulted in me having cake for breakfast on more than one occasion this week.

I'm ready for a much quieter week ahead, a few days in work and a visit to my sister in Redditch. I hope you've all had a lovely week too.

7 comments:

  1. The princess-y donuts from Krispy Kreme are my absolute favourite :) they're so girly and fun but I always feel guilty after eating one! Haha!
    Hope your boyfriend had a lovely 21st :)
    Keep in touch!
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, hope yous had a great week. Sounds so fun! I love the black boots in the picture above, could you tell me where they are from? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that pink doughnut looks delicious. <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos! :)
    The doughnut look yummy and sinful haha!

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that primark tartan dress

    Lola xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe that dress is from Primark! So nice! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete