Wednesday 7 March 2012

KONY2012


I’m taking a different approach today simply because this video moved me so much. Throughout the 30 minutes I sat with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat thinking “Why is this man never in the news?” I don’t watch the news religiously, but my parents start and end the day with a news report so luckily I am one of those people who are aware of what is going on in the world.
It did make me feel slightly embarrassed to be British. The riots last summer were because children had nothing better to do, they moan about going to school and complain about the service they get from our free health service, yet these children live everyday in fear that they might be abducted or raped. We really should appreciate what we’ve got.
It also made me realise how little I do for charity, which I think is why this campaign is so clever - by using the internet to promote it. Yes your money would help, but they aren't begging for you to pledge, they just want to show the government that people care by sharing the video. You can buy t-shirts, bracelets, posters and action packs here which will come in useful on 20th April 2012 when there is a 'cover the night' mission around the world. Cover your town in posters. Make people aware.
So all I ask is that if you haven't already, you watch it and show you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment