Wednesday 13 July 2016

26 weeks pregnant with Baby Pritchard

How far along?
26 weeks + 6 days. It's 3 months today until our due date and we're in our last week of the second trimester - crazy!

Total weight gain?
I'm still sitting at 10st 8lb, although like I said last week I feel like I'm getting bigger by the day.

Maternity clothes?
My friend from work gave me a pair of jeans and joggers and oh my god they are the comfiest things ever! I put the jeans on last Friday and I was so happy to be wearing a good tight fitting pair of jeans. Then on Monday she gave me the joggers and I throw them on an soon as I get home. They're both from H&M if you're curious.

Stretch marks?
Kyle spotted a new one on my hip this week. Only small though which I'm okay with. 

Sleep?
I don't struggle getting to sleep but it's getting harder and harder to wake up early for work. I used to be able to get up from just one alarm but now I have three.

Best moment this week?
Our weekend at the caravan, it was dampened by a very rainy Saturday and an upset tummy but it's still nice all the same to get a change of scenery. A few days in the house are much needed though.

Miss anything?
Nothing in particular this week.

Movement?
Turns out that baby is breech at the moment, which is totally okay at this point. I've been saying all weekend there was either a bum or a head that kept sticking out by my belly button and when the midwife felt the other day she said it was definitely a head and she kinda grabbed it through my belly and gave it a wiggle. So weird! She promised it didn't hurt though. That's why a lot of what I feel are little kicks inside, more like it's using my bladder as a trampoline.

Food cravings?
On our way back from the caravan on Sunday night I said to Kyle I really fancied some rice. We got home and Kyle had a nice yummy sourdough pizza and I had a bowl of plain boiled rice. Boy did it go down a treat!

Anything make you queasy or sick?
Only a quick whiff of dog fart turned my stomach the other day.

Gender?
I don't think I've had anyone this week tell me what they think it is. I've still got a boy feeling and Kyle had a girl feeling until we heard the heartbeat yesterday and he changed his mind and said it was that quick it was going to be a busy body like him. I'll be grey by the time I'm 30 looking after another Kyle!

Labour signs?
Braxton Hicks started last Thursday. All day at work I was thinking oh god I'm gonna wee myself! It's such a weird feeling, almost like a wave of pins and needles all across my lower abdomen. I didn't think they started until much later on in pregnancy, but as long as they stay pain free and 'practice contractions' for now then we're cool.

Symptoms?
I keep getting these funny turns which according to the midwife is normal in the second trimester as your blood volume increases. Yesterday's resulted in me on my back on the office floor at work haha, I think my heart was going that fast and I just couldn't move of the chair that I'd started to panic a bit. We went to the antenatal unit just to check that it wasn't anaemia and it turns out my blood pressure was really low. Everything else was fine, baby is wonderful and it's little heartbeat was like some wild galloping horse. She said I did have some white cells in my urine which could be a sign of thrush which for some reason Kyle found hilarious. He's so funny in awkward situations, when I was being examined by the Doctor last time I bled he said he was trying not to laugh.

Belly button in or out?
Out.

Mood?
Excited and impatient. Two people I know had babies over the weekend it makes me so mushy scrolling down my newsfeed seeing beautiful newborns. I just can not wait to meet our baby. Three months still seems so far away, but I know it's gonna fly by.

Looking forward to?
Well I'm still waiting for the parcels I mentioned last week, hopefully at least one of them will arrive this week! I'm just looking forward to a few days off to spend at home, I worked Monday to Friday last week then  as soon as I got home Friday we went straight to the caravan for the weekend then we got back Sunday night and I was back in work on Monday. I think it's time to slow down a little.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment