Monday 10 November 2014

Places to visit: 888,246 Poppies

I've wanted to visit the poppy display at the Tower of London since it popped up in August. Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red is it's official name (I googled it) and if you get chance to see it then do. It was breathtakingly beautiful. The area around the moat was so busy, but so eerily quiet at the same time. I felt an awful sense of pride when in London on Saturday, poppies were everywhere, I even saw a dog with one on his collar. It's comforting to know that 100 years on, people still appreciate everything the wars heroes did and still do to this day.

The poppies are set to be dismantled tomorrow and sent away to their new owners, but part of the installation is staying put until the end of November and then it is being moved to the Imperial War Museum. A once in a lifetime opportunity I guess. 

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I saw this on the news, it looks so impressive wish I could've seen it with my own eyes! You took some lovely photos! x http://mividabonitaa.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so freaking beautiful! I want to visit this place :)

    \ Indigo Lights

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely, I would have loved to have gone to see this! Such an amazing memorial x

    blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I had gone to see them - they look amazing <3 x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete