Monday 4 January 2021

36 WEEKS PREGNANT WITH BABY PRITCHARD



How far along?
36+6. Full term as of tomorrow!

Stretch marks?
I really don't think my skin can stretch anymore. It's stretched that much I've got tiny little scabs on some parts of it. I'm just smothering it with whatever I can as many times a day as I fancy right now.

Sleep?
I don't think it's going to get any better at this point. My back does a big horrible crack everytime I move from my right side to my left in the night. Oh how I can't wait to sleep on my belly again!

Best moment this week?
I don't think there has been a standout moment this week. It was just another slow one at home with Kyle here. Christmas feels like it was a lifetime ago though!

Miss anything?
Nothing really. 

Movement?
Still active, although if anything I'd say it's maybe calmed down slightly to what it was like. I guess it's just very very squashed in there now.

Food cravings?
I've noticed probably the last week that my appetite hasn't been there, not as much as it was. Maybe I just ate too much over Christmas, but I found that whereas I'd normally get up and have breakfast I could easily go until lunchtime without eating. I figured starting today I'd made sure I started having breakfast again, but then I didn't have lunch because I wasn't hungry. I suppose my stomach is a lot more squashed than it normally is. I'm sure I'll make up for it when I'm breastfeeding.

Anything make you queasy or sick?
Nothing this week thankfully.

Gender?
I don't think I've had any predictions from anyone this week. 

Labour signs?
I lost my plug on new years eve, or at least part of it. I wasn't actually sure if it was just discharge or what so I googled it and came across some lovely pictures of other peoples plugs. That was nice... But in all seriousness, it confirmed it was definitely my plug. Then on new years day I was getting a lot of regular tightenings that were more painful than the usual Braxton Hicks and getting pain in my lower back. It had eased off by the next day, but as I'm writing this tonight I'm getting slightly more painful tightenings again. I just think at this point any tiny twinge you read into and get excited about.

Symptoms?
I'm feeling very sore in the pelvis and hips which I suppose is somewhat normal as baby's head starts to engage. 

Belly button in or out?
Out.

Mood?
Well Boris has just been on and announced another national lockdown similar to the one in March. I honestly did not think when I found out I was pregnant in May that I would be having a baby in lockdown. I thought life would have returned to some sort of normality. I did feel a bit emotional, mostly for Willow, she loves nursery, loves seeing her teachers and her friends and I felt sad that she's been excited all weekend about going back to nursery, had one day in and is off again until at least February half term. At this point I'm unsure whether she will be in nursery or not though because he did say early years settings will still be open.

Maternity clothes?
I picked up some extra big knickers and maternity bras from Primark last week. I had a panic that we might be going into tier 4 and the shops would be shut so made a mad dash around for things I need. The only thing I'm waiting on arriving is a hoodie from H&M which I intend on wearing with some comfy leggings to leave the hospital.

Looking forward to?
I know baby will come when it's ready and I'm really not one for trying to 'make' the baby come out, but I really cannot wait for it to be here now. The uncertainty of labour and being in hospital is playing on my mind, and I'm really hoping hospital restrictions won't be affected anymore than they already are. We really did take it for granted when Willow was born, I had about 4 or 5 visitors around my bed at one time the day she was born. Oh how different it will be this time.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment