Thursday 10 December 2020

32 WEEKS WITH BABY PRITCHARD

How far along?
32+6. Panicking more as the days go on that I'm not ready! I'm selling stuff on Facebook Marketplace like it's going out of fashion just so I can feel like the house is a little more cleansed of 'stuff'. It's working, but at the same time I feel like the baby's room isn't changing, but I suppose when things like the Snuzpod and the pram get moved out of there then it'll help. I'd normally leave the Christmas tree up until New Year but I'm going to start putting some of it away as and when I can between Christmas and New Year, just so I can start getting organised then for baby. 

Stretch marks?
There's lots of stripes going on now. My belly feels so tight and stretched. I wonder how we'll manage for another seven weeks!

Sleep?
It's still getting worse. I just find that it's so much effort switching from one side to another but I struggle to stay on the same side for too long. Still napping in the day, which is easier said than done at the weekend when Willow just wants to poke my closed eyes...

Best moment this week?
Definitely getting to see baby on a growth scan on Friday AND being told that my placenta has moved from lying over my cervix! Thank god! The sonographer told me that it's moved 5cm which when she initially said that I thought it wasn't a lot, but a little later when I actually thought about it 5cm is actually quite a lot inside your body. Honestly such a relief! I don't think the sonographer quite understood how relieved I was.

Miss anything?
I can't lie, and I know it sounds really materialistic, but I'm really missing being able to wear my normal wardrobe. I'm really enjoying just walking around the house at the moment in my pants because trousers are just so uncomfortable. 

Movement?
Still wiggly. But head down which is also amazing news. I haven't had many feet in my ribs so I was worried it wasn't head down even though I know there's still plenty of time for it to move, but she confirmed at the scan that it is head down. 

Food cravings?
All I wanted this morning was chocolate. But I think that was just because Kyle had bought a box of Celebrations at the weekend and I knew they were there.

Anything make you queasy or sick?
Nope nothing.

Gender?
My sister made me laugh the other day. She had circled a bit on one of my scan photos and messaged me saying that's a boy. Then in one of her next message was like equally it could be a leg. Don't give up the day job Em!  

Labour signs?
Nothing really.

Symptoms?
I didn't notice a difference from my iron infusion until about Thursday, which was the day before I had my next one again on the Friday. I can definitely feel an improvement, especially when I do the nursery run. I also had a growth scan on Friday as I'd said. Baby has measured above the 97th centile the last three times it's been measured so the midwife who did my infusions sent me for a growth scan and the sonographer said baby is measuring around 5lb 3oz and would be over 9lb if it carried on growing as it is. I fully understand though to take their growth measurements with a pinch of salt because they're not always that accurate. I've had the blood test to check for gestational diabetes but haven't heard anything back from that yet.

Belly button in or out?
My belly button is ruined. I don't think there's any saving it anymore. 

Mood?
Feeling okay, just very tired. I think it's starting to sink that there will be two little people in our lives soon. Although I don't think it fully feels real until you have the baby in your arms.

Maternity clothes?
I nipped to H&M the other day to drop off a bag of recycling and picked up some basic long sleeve tops from the sale. They'll do for a couple of weeks I suppose. I also found some old grey joggers from my pregnancy with Willow, they're hideous, the most unflattering things in the world, but so comfy. I changed straight into them after the nursery run this morning, so I may have a look what H&M have got in black or something, just so I've got a pair that are more socially acceptable to wear in public. 

Looking forward to?
Christmas I suppose! It's coming around thick and fast now isn't it! I've started wrapping a few presents a night because I can't sit for long enough to do them all in one go so I'm just doing a few whilst I watch a Christmas film. Anybody else feel like they can't wrap presents unless they have a Christmas film on?! There's nothing too exciting happening this week now that my appointment with the consultant has been moved to a weeks time. They pushed it back a week so they can monitor baby's growth a bit better otherwise I would have had two scans six days apart which would have been a little pointless.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment