Monday 12 October 2020

24 WEEKS PREGNANT WITH BABY PRITCHARD

I think this pictures a bit of a cop out since there's a pumpkin covering my belly, but hey! tis' the season and all that!

How far along?
24+6. I definitely didn't have time to sit down and write this last week. I was busy building a balloon arch and wrapping presents like the birthday fairy I am.

Total weight gain?
I haven't weighed myself again this week.

Stretch marks?
I do look from time to time but I think the only ones there at the moment are still old ones.

Sleep?
Sleep is good at the moment thank goodness, although I am starting to feel that need to pee a few times a night...

Best moment this week?
Well obviously Willow's birthday last Tuesday was a highlight, I didn't stop on the Monday and Tuesday but it was so worth it! Then Sunday we went pumpkin picking and she loved that. It's the first time we've been and it's definitely a new tradition. 

Miss anything?
I don't. Just feeling grateful.  

Movement?
So much movement. Willow's even started to feel it and it's the cutest thing ever when she pops her little hand on my belly.

Food cravings?
Nope still absolutely nothing.

Anything make you queasy or sick?
Nope thank goodness.

Gender?
Still don't know, but I'm swaying more to boy feelings at the moment but I think that's partly just because I know that the talipes is more common in boys. I was convinced Willow was a boy all the way through her pregnancy so who knows. 

Labour signs?
Nothing.

Symptoms?
I saw my midwife for the first time on Friday and I'd spoke to her on the phone a couple of weeks ago about my worry about having to wear a mask all day at work. When the rules first changed in July I ditched wearing a visor and started wearing a mask, but then one of the days I had a funny turn and thought I was going to pass out. Needless to say since then I went back to wearing my visor. Anyway, she said she'd take some blood which I don't think is done routinely at 24 weeks but thank goodness she did because my iron levels are low so I've started iron tablets today - pray for my bowels haha. I've also got low blood pressure which my sister said can be improved with regular fluid and salt so I'm just trying to remember to drink plenty and more often because I'm definitely not the best at that. 

Belly button in or out?
I think we can officially say it's out.

Mood?
Like I said I'm just feeling so grateful to be carrying this baby. We've reached the viable stage of pregnancy which is somewhat of a relief but at the same time I know just how precious the pregnancy journey actually is. I think the fact that it is baby loss awareness week has brought it to the forefront of my mind even more. 

Maternity clothes?
I've still been living in my leather look leggings. I'm not even joking they are the comfiest trousers I've got at the moment. I've been browsing Primark quite a bit this last week and found some lovely autumnal pieces including some midi dresses so I might get a couple to try.

Looking forward to?
It's my first week doing only four days so I'm looking forward to my few days off this week. I'll be so glad to go on maternity leave so I can just stay at home in my own little bubble. I'm not someone that's really anxious about the virus but the working environment hasn't been the same since we reopened (as I'm sure nowhere is) and not a day goes by that a customer isn't happy about the new rules that are in place, even though they are fully out of our control.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment